NEW program starting in 2014!!!
Young ballplayers can safely play a fun-filled, action-packed seven inning game
in under 90 minutes, when a Pitching Machine is used as the "Designated Pitcher".
Reasons we are starting this Pitching Machine League for our community:
1. FUN for young ballplayers ages 7-10
machine as the "Designated Pitcher" means every pitch during the game is a very hitable strike. No fear equals more
2. The games are is easy to administer
plate umpire is needed. The game's umpire is also the one who feeds the machine.
3. The games are fast paced, fun-filled and safe
Pitching Machine League programs use a
softer safety ball. The machine throws only strikes so the batters are safe. Balls are soft, so the fielders are safe. This
results in increased activity at the plate and in the field, and decreases odds of serious injury.
4. Pitching Machine League games are usually closely contested because no
big strong pitcher can dominate or intimidate less skilled players, balanced games create a healthier learning atmosphere
for all of the participants.
Pitching Machine League Rules:
• Age level A is for 7
and 8 year olds.
• Age level B is for 9 and 10 year olds.
• Player roster - 12 kids
per team (14 to 16 players acceptable).
• All players will be placed in batting order.
four outfielders and four infielders.
• The catcher takes his/her normal position.
• Place a player on
the left side of the pitching machine for fielding purposes.
• The umpire is also the one who feeds the machine.
• There is free substitution for the team in the field. We will rotate the players to a different position
(Remember, a this league is a learning experience for kids.)
• No one player will
sit on the bench (when his team is in the field) for more than one inning.
• Games are seven innings. There are
no extra inning games. So, tie games are possible.
• Each batter gets a maximum of five pitches. Batter is out on
a fifth pitch foul ball.
• Stealing is not allowed in level A.
• Stealing is permitted in level B. Runners
may leave their base once the ball touches the catchers glove or body.
• There is no "infield fly" rule
in level A or B.
• Any batted ball which hits the machine, is a base hit and the ball is dead.
Thrown balls hitting the machine are dead.
• All other standard rules of baseball apply.
* Sign-ups for this program will be
held in late June
* Play will begin late July.
* Open to ANY child ages 7-10.
Cost to participate $30.
* Registration includes team shirt/hat.
* All games will be played at WCRC Ball
Fields behind DMV in South Parkersburg.
FOR FURTHER INFO, CONTACT email@example.com