How We Play
WCRC Flag Football
1. Ten (10) Players per team
each position played
vEvery Child will get to quarterback
vEvery Child will get to receive
(run the ball)
2. Forty (40)
v Games scheduled for 1 hour. First 15 minutes will be used for coaches to become familiar with players,
for stretching/exercise/conditioning, and drills
v First scheduled game will be used to assign jerseys, meet the teams,
and learn basic drills
v Pictures will be taken the first week
3. A coin toss determines first possession
v The offensive team takes possession of the ball at the 5-yard line
v Every player
on each team will run the ball. There are no downs, no score kept.
vTackling will NOT be tolerated.
1. Warning, 2. Set at sideline during one play, 3. Set out entire game.
4. Teams will change sides after every player has run the ball
5. Play is ruled “Dead” when:
v Ball carriers flag is pulled
v Ball carrier runs out of bounds
v Ball carrier
knee hits the ground
6. There are no fumbles.
Generally, in fumble circumstances, the play is re-run.
If the field monitor witnesses any acts of tackling, elbowing, kicking, or any unsportsmanlike behavior… First offense:
firm warning will be given. Second offense: game will be stopped and player ejected for one play. Third offense will result
in sitting out entire game. We do have a 3 strike rule, meaning if tackling continues the player will be
asked to leave the program permanently. This is designed to be fun, no rough housing will be tolerated.
8. No illegal flag pull (before receiver has the ball)
9. Time-outs will be called by head coach
10. Cleats are
allowed, NO metal spikes
11. Jerseys must be worn during game